Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Enchanted Dusk

Field Recording by Aaron Ximm,
Angkor Wat, Cambodia
June 17, 2002
play

I've listened to this recording many times and I don't tire of it. Spacious and restful, yet packed: the unquestionably happy children's voices, the voices of the cicadas (or amphibians?) punning on their laughter and the softer crickets echoing the cicadas phrases on first passes; the low, rhythmic music and adult voices on the far left and far right on later passes. I made a diagram of the space I hear but I cannot figure out how the cicadas are perched so near the swimmers. Perhaps they are in reeds at edge of the water or in tree branches above the swimmers? Rob D.

Photo credit: TROPICAL STORM FLORENCE at 07/0300Z 19.6N 52.5W 45 KT (Atlantic Ocean) http://vortex.plymouth.edu/tropical.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home